Wood from the hazel tree has the medicinal property of neutralizing the body's acidity and helps the body create and maintain an alkaline balance. It is an ancient remedy first used by aboriginal people and is effective for people of all ages. Don't be alarmed if/when the bark comes off; the wood beads will change over time.
Hazel wood can relieve acid-related ailments such as acid reflux, ulcers and heartburn. Hazel wood also helps relieve skin problems such as psoriasis, eczema, acne and diaper rash, constipation, headaches, migraines, canker sores and the occurrence of dental cavities when these ailments are related to excessive acid in the body.
The Wear and Care of your necklace:
- In order to receive a therapeutic benefit, the necklace should be worn as much as possible.
- "Re-charge" your necklace in the sunlight for about 2-3 hours once a week. This will bring more acid to the surface of the hazel.
- Running the necklace under water and wearing it while it is wet/moist will aid the body in absorbing the beneficial properties of the hazel wood.
- It is not recommended to wear it in the bath tub, pool, spa or in other highly chlorinated water.
- The lifespan of the necklace will depend on the level of acidity in the body. In general, a necklace will maintain its therapeutic value for 4-12 months. Higher acidity may mean a shorter lifespan of the necklace. A necklace is losing effectiveness when the ends of the wood beads darken and/or symptoms return
NOTE: When we place a wholesale order, our colour choice is 'Mixed', which they then choose and ship at their discretion. Because there is such a wide variety of possible colours, we have decided to use the same ordering policy. If you would like a bit more choice, please make a note in the comments on the checkout page and we can email you a list of our current in-stock colors.